Friday, March 5, 2010

Vancouver 2010 Olympics

As a Vancouver, BC native, I was very excited with the prospect of hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics in my home town. The two maps I have created are centered on my interests as they relate to the Vancouver Olympics. The first is created with the Vancouver native in mind. In regards to the second, I am a competitive snowboarder, having competed in such events as the Roxy Snow Classic, and it has always been my dream to be an Olympian. Thus, the second map centers on the number of snowboarding athletes sent to the Vancouver 2010 Olympics, highlighting the increasing prominence of the sport in the Winter Olympics.

OLYMPIC VENUE CAPACITIES, SURROUNDING LOCAL POPULATIONS, AND LOCAL TRANSIT LINES



ACTUAL MAP SIZE IS 11" x 15". After clicking, zoom in for detail if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment